Pages

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Back in the Game

As of Monday, Aug. 11, I will be back in the game, so to speak. That is the day I become the assistant commissioner for communications for the Southland Conference. The SLC is a Division I conference that is in the Football Championship Subdivision.

Its member schools are: Central Arkansas, Lamar, McNeese State, Nichols State, Northwestern State, Sam Houston State, Southeastern (La.), Stephen F. Austin, Texas-Arlington, Texas-San Antonio, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi and Texas State.

The position fell into my lap. Last fall after I fell victim to the reorganization in the Texas Rangers' front office, I applied for a different job with the SLC and they had kept my resume on file. I got a call in late June and interviewed the first week of July. The offer didn't come for roughly 10 days later but I prepared for a decision. While I have enjoyed my time as the director of communications for Delta Delta Delta Fraternity, my heart remained with sports. It was an extremely difficult decision because I had developed a special bond with my coworkers there in a very short period of time. I enjoyed the work I was doing and would be more than content to stay there had this opportunity not come about.

One of the reasons I started this blog last February was to stay connected to sports. Now that I will be back in sports, my future with this Blog is in question. While I will always be a Buckeye, I am not convinced I can devote the amount of time needed to cover the Buckeye Nine the way those players deserve. I will say I am exploring some options that will enable the Blog to continue. My role in it, however, might lessen or perhaps come to an end.

In the meantime, enjoy what is left of your summer. The football team reports for practice Sunday so Ohio State athletics news will begin to pick up and fall ball is just around the corner.

Go Bucks!

2 comments:

Chris said...

As a Buckeye, an avid fan, and reader, I think I speak for many when saying a great big thank you for the effort and time you put in. The Buckeye Nine is the premier baseball blog of the Big Ten, a great program deserves a great place for fans to interact and share their enjoyment. You've provided such an outlet and it is much appreciated.

Good luck with in your professional pursuits and future.

BaseballBucks33 said...

Congrats Todd on the new job. I am happy for you because you get to do something you love to do. On the other hand the Buckeye 9 is awesome and was great this past season.Too bad we are losing you. It was a cool place to talk, find out the inside report's about the team and just blog away about Buckeye baseball. Well done and good luck at your new job.

Drew