Permanent recognition of the Buckeyes' College World Series appearances and Big Ten championships will be added to Bill Davis Stadium. The three retired jersey numbers will have a permanent place on the outfield walls and jersey plaques and bios for Fred Taylor, Steve Arlin and Marty Karow will be placed on one side of the arched wall in the stadium concourse.
On the other side of the arches, the side facing Borror Drive and the entrance to the stadium, Ohio State’s College World Series years – 1951, 1965, 1966 and 1967 – will be displayed along one end and Ohio State’s Big Ten Conference championship years – 1917, 1924, 1943, 1951, 1955, 1965, 1966, 1967, 1991, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1999 and 2001 – will be displayed on the other end.
In addition, “Ohio State” and “Buckeyes” will adorn the tops of the dugouts similar to the way those brands are displayed in the end zones at Ohio Stadium and on the end lines on the basketball floor at the Jerome Schottenstein Center. A new back stop behind home plate will also be installed.