Ohio State welcomes Minnesota to Bill Davis Stadium for a four-game series beginning tonight at 6:35 p.m. The series continues with two games Saturday at 1:05 p.m. and concludes Sunday with a single game at 1:05 p.m. Both teams are 2-2 in Big Ten play. The Buckeyes, which split four games with Penn State last weekend, are 13-8 overall while the Gophers are 12-11. Minnesota split its four games last weekend vs. Indiana.
Following the Team...
Games one, two and four will be broadcast on the radio at AM 920 WMNI. All four games will have audio available at ohiostatebuckeyes.com. Both games of Saturday's doubleheader will be televised on the Big Ten Network. Video from games one and four is available at ohiostatebuckeyes.com. Audio and video on the Ohio State site is available only to subscribers.
G1: RHP Jake Hale (2-0, 4.50 ERA) vs. RHP Tom Buske (3-2, 2.62)
G2: LHP Andrew Armstrong (3-1, 2.45) vs. LHP Kyle Carr (1-3, 4.65)
G3: RHP Dean Wolosiansky (2-2, 3.42) vs. RHP Dustin Brabender (2-2, 6.12)
G4: LHP J.B. Shuck (4-1, 3.00) vs. RHP Seth Rosin (1-0, 1.99)
Archie Griffin will throw out the first pitch Friday night.
Friday• 125th commemorative T-shirts to 200 lucky fans.
• First 1,000 fans receive a free schedule magnet courtesy of OSU Sports Medicine
• See the sky over Bill Davis Stadium light up with post game fireworks
• 80's Flashback Friday - Music/Entertainment
Saturday• First 3,000 fans receive free rally towels courtesy of Nationwide
Sunday• Four Pack Day-for only $26 receive 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, 4 sodas, and 4 popcorns
• Matt the Balloon guy will be in attendance making balloon animals
• Post-game autographs and kids can run the bases
From the Ohio State game notes...
About the Series: Ohio State and Minnesota have played 152 times since first meeting in 1923 and two losses are all that separates the two teams. Minnesota holds the edge 76-74-2. Minnesota has been a pain to Ohio State in the regular season with six series wins against two losses and five ties. The teams split in the regular season last year. Minnesota has series wins in 1990-91-92-03-04-06. Ohio State’s wins were in 2001 and 2005. Ohio State, however, has been a pain to Minnesota in the Big Ten tournament with a 17-12 edge in tournament wins. Included are 4-2 and 10-9 wins last year in Ann Arbor that helped the Buckeyes win the championship and advance to the NCAA tournament. Bob Todd’s Buckeye teams are 16-8 vs. Minnesota in the Big Ten tournament. Todd is 41-39-1 against Minnesota.
Big Ten Comparison:
• Ohio State ranks first in batting (.334), second in pitching (3.94 ERA) and eighth in fielding (.955).
• Minnesota ranks fifth in batting (.293), eighth in pitching (5.72), and third in fielding (.961).
• Ohio State is 23-of-33 in stolen base attempts; Minnesota is 26-of-39.
• Minnesota has 11 home runs compared to sixfor Ohio State .
• Ohio State leads the Big Ten with 253 hits ( Indiana is second at 246).
• Ohio State ’s 79 earned runs allowed is second-fewest in the Big Ten, but its 90 walks allowed are fourth highest.
• Minnesota pitchers have allowed the most bases on balls: 98.
• Ohio State pitchers are second in strikeouts with 176 ( Michigan , 182). Minnesota is third (166).
In the Big Ten this weekend...
Minnesota (2-2) at Ohio State (2-2), Illinois (3-1) at Indiana (2-2), Purdue (3-1) at Iowa (0-4), Michigan (4-0) at Penn State (2-2) and Michigan State (1-3) at Northwestern (1-3).