(17-16, 9-3 Big Ten)
Ohio State Buckeyes
(18-12, 7-4 Big Ten)
Friday, 6:35 p.m.
Saturday (DH), 1:05 p.m.
Sunday, 1:05 p.m.
AM 920 WMNI will broadcast games one, two and four. Audio from all for games will be available online at ohiostatebuckeyes.com, which also has Buckeye Vision. Both audio and video is available for subscription. Gamewatcher, the live stats program, is free of charge.
Probable Starters from ohiostatebuckeyes.com
G1: RHP Jake Hale (4-0, 4.46 ERA) vs.
RHP Matt Bischoff (1-2, 4.24)
G2: LHP Dan DeLucia (1-1, 3.75) vs.
LHP Kyle Cook (2-1, 3.68)
G3: RHP Dean Wolosiansky (4-2, 3.08) vs.
RHP Allan Donato (2-3, 3.07)
G4: LHP J.B. Shuck (4-2, 3.12) vs.
LHP Connor Sestak (1-2, 5.50)
or LHP Matt Jansen (2-1, 7.67)
More from the Ohio State game notes:
• The Buckeyes snapped out of a minor hitting lull (they had less than 10 hits in five of their previous six games) with 18 hits against Louisville.
• The team has had 18 or more hits five times this season.
• Ohio State has scored more runs than its opponent in every inning except the seventh. The 22-run advantage (35-13) for the opposition is the largest difference of any inning.
• The team has been involved in four consecutive one-run games with losses in each of the last two games (1-0 to Michigan State and 13-12 to Louisville).
• Eric Best has now pitched 10.2 innings without allowing an earned run.
• Ryan Dew is riding a six-game hitting streak that has raised his average 36 percentage points to .258. He leads the Buckeye hitters in Big Ten games with a .391 average and eight RBI.
• J.B. Shuck, who scored a career high four runs vs. Louisville, has topped 200 career innings pitched. He has 201.2.
• Alex Wimmers averages 1.5 strikeouts per inning pitched.
• Ohio State has been involved in seven shutouts this season, winning four and losing three.
• The Buckeyes are pretty good at holding leads: the team is 13-3 when leading after the fourth inning, 14-1 after the sixth and 15-0 after the eighth.
Weekend Promotional Schedule:
• Break the Record Night
• RHAC/Explore Columbus Night for Ohio State students
• 80's Flashback Friday - Music/Entertainment
• See the sky over Bill Davis Stadium light up with post game fireworks
• Columbus Zoo - Come see your favorite animals from the Zoo
• Four Pack Day-for only $26 receive four tickets, four hot dogs, four sodas, and four popcorns
• Post game autographs and kids can run the bases
• Youth baseball Day
Big Ten Standings
Games This Weekend in the Big Ten:
Purdue (9-3) at Ohio State (7-4), Michigan State (4-7) vs. Michigan (11-1); Illinois (6-6) at Minnesota (5-7); Indiana (4-8) at Penn State (4-8); and, Northwestern (5-7) at Iowa (4-8).